The women of the UCC of California gather to strengthen their own spiritual life, to nurture the life of our church family, to pray together, and to enjoy the fellowship of believers. They meet on the third Wednesday of each month at 1:00 PM for devotion, Bible study, a mission project, business meeting, and fellowship. Pastor Lovins leads the Bible study February-November. There are also Helpers on Call who are not active participants, but support Guild efforts and projects when needed.
The Guild is active in many projects throughout the year. These include:
- serving celebration of life dinners for church family and friends
- hosting the Confirmation reception
- leading a birthday party for California Care residents
- delivering gifts and cookies to our church family members in care centers
- serving a meal for the annual Community Service Project
- cleaning the kitchen and other such projects as needed
- supporting and promoting the Festival of Sharing with monetary gifts, kits, and Best Choice labels
They also willingly take on other projects in the church as needed or asked to do.
The Guild officers for 2017 are:
President – Carole Barbour
Vice President – Joyce Rohrbach
Secretary – Mary Burger
Treasurer – Mary Ann Kueffer